Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the Salinas Hometown Heroes Banner Program? The Salinas Hometown Heroes Banner Program is a community initiative designed to honor and celebrate local veterans and active-duty service members. It involves displaying banners featuring their names and branches of service along South Main Street in Oldtown
2. How can I nominate a veteran or service member to be honored with a banner? You can nominate a hero by submitting their information, including a photo in uniform, their name, and branch of service, to the Salinas Hometown Heroes Banner Committee through our website.
3. Are there any costs associated with the program for the veterans, service members, or their families? No, there are no costs for veterans, service members, or their families to participate in this program. The program is funded entirely through generous donations from the community.
4. When and how often are the banners displayed? The banners are displayed along South Main Street in Oldtown during two rotations each year: the spring rotation runs from mid-May to mid-July, and the fall rotation runs from mid-September to mid-November.
5. How can I make a donation to support the program? You can make a donation to support the program by visiting our "Donate" page on our website. Your contribution helps us continue honoring our local heroes.
6. Can local businesses get involved in the program? Absolutely! We welcome the support of local businesses. You can become a sponsor, provide in-kind donations, or offer volunteer assistance. Please reach out to us to discuss how your business can contribute.
7. How can I get more information about the program? For more information or any specific inquiries, you can contact the Salinas Hometown Heroes Banner Committee through our "Contact Us" page on our website. We're here to help and answer any questions you may have.
8. Can I volunteer to help with the program? Yes, we appreciate volunteers who want to contribute their time and skills to the program. Please contact us through our "Contact Us" page, and we'll be happy to discuss how you can get involved.
9. What happens if I have questions or concerns about my submission? If you have any questions or concerns regarding your submission, the Salinas Hometown Heroes Banner Committee will contact you for clarification or further information. Please ensure you provide accurate contact information when submitting.
10. How can I stay updated on program news and events? To stay informed about program news and upcoming events, you can visit our website regularly, follow our social media channels, or subscribe to our newsletter.
11. How much does it cost to have a banner of myself or a loved one installed? The Salinas Hometown Heroes Banner Program operates on a donor-based model, covering all operational costs, including the installation of hero banners. This approach allows every veteran and active duty member to participate in the program, regardless of their financial standing.
12. What happens to the banner once they come down? Upon removal, the banners are archived for future use. The program envisions themed installations in subsequent displays, such as dedicating an installation to Vietnam Veterans or focusing on specific branches like the Army.
13. Can I get a replica of the banner? Regrettably, banners are not available for public reproduction. However, if you desire a keepsake, you may contact MPExpress at (831) 758-9040 to obtain a poster-size image of your loved one's banner.
If you have any additional questions or need further information, please feel free to reach out to us through our "Contact Us" page.
Thank you for your interest in the Salinas Hometown Heroes Banner Program.